- Obama hits approval rating low
- Prof. Epstein advocates the flat tax to solve the financial crisis
Defining Ideas: Raise Taxes on the Poor
Rather than increasing taxes on the rich, as the president wants, we need to increase taxes on the poor. Our progressive system of taxation is a mistake—it is part of the reason why we are experiencing this fiscal crisis. Under a flat tax system, all income earners will have to foot their part of the bill for each new government program.
- Rick Perry's refusal to condemn New York's gay marriage legalization is raising eyebrows
RCP: Perry, Conservatives, and Gay Marriage: An Evolving View?
- George Will contrasts Obama and Boehner's styles
WaPo: Congress Stands Its Ground
- WSJ on last night's speeches
WSJ: A Leadership Default
- Megan MaCardle is also unimpressed
The Atlantic: The Subliminal Message of Tonight's Speech: We're Doomed