- Megan McArdle doesn't see a jobs plan, she sees a campaign document
Atlantic: Obama's Deficit Reduction: A Campaign Document Not a Policy Plan
- Arnold Kling and Robert Russell not terribly optimistic about spending cuts
EconLog: Political Cynicism
- Orin Kerr and Jonathan Adler debate whether constitutional opposition to mandates is actually a good libertarian strategy
Kerr: Is the Individual Mandate “Unprecedented” Because It Is More Statist Than Previous Laws, or Because It Is More Market-Oriented?
Adler: Is the Mandate More “Market-Oriented” than Available Alternatives (and Does It Matter?) — A Response to Orin
- David Harsanyi on Obama's class war
Reason: Let's Eat the Rich
- Becker and Posner discuss market failures and government failures
- New article from our own Prof. Richard Epstein on Obama and Buffett's call to soak the rich
Defining Ideas: The Obama-Buffett Siren Call
Sep 21, 2011
It's been awhile, I know. But here are some links!