- Tyler Cowen & Brad Delong discuss the effect of the debt ceiling debacle on the balance of power in Washington
Marginal Revolution: Has there been a shift in the political balance of power?
Grasping Reality: Are We Shifting Toward a Parliamentary System?
- George Condon says the debt debate hurt the president's 2012 prospects
National Journal: Obama Hurt By Debt Debate
- For next time: Megan MaCardle has some charts that anyone thinking about the debt ceiling should consider
The Atlantic: A Few More Charts That Should Accompany All Debt Ceiling Discussions
- In other news: Jonathan Adler on overfishing
Volokh Conspiracy: Learning How to Fish
- Robert Barnes on two potential candidates for the Supreme Court's next affirmative action case
WaPo: College Affirmative Action Back On Supreme Court's Horizon
Aug 1, 2011
Monday Reading: Apocalypse averted(?) & more
Labels: Morning Reading