- Steve Chapman argues that Republicans are not serious about the 10th Amendment
Reason: Phony Federalism
- Eugene Volokh on the hyperbolic attacks on Republican holdouts in the debt ceiling debate
Volokh Conspiracy: Debt Limits, Union Strike Threats, and Talk of “Extortion” and “Hostage-Taking”
- Kay Hymowitz says the gender gap in pay is not going away any time soon, and that it's ok
City Journal: Why the Gender Gap Won’t Go Away. Ever.
- Jay Cost thinks that Obama is unlikely to face a primary contender
Weekly Standard: No Serious Democrat Will Challenge Obama
- Jim VanDehei and Mike Allen see problems ahead for Obama's re-election
Politico: Obama's Big Drags
- Karl Rove says that the GOP came out of the debt ceiling debate well-positioned for 2012
WSJ: The Debt-Ceiling Debate & 2012
- Quote of the day
The State is the great fiction through which everyone endeavours to live at the expense of everyone else.
- Frédéric Bastiat